& political advisor
* For the moment I am working together with 'Kavlifondet' Kavli Trust.
- Please read about Kavli Trust in Kavli Trust folder - or click here.
Kavli Trust together with me will support these NGO's -->
1. GSP - Grameen Shramik Pratishthan, Latur, India. GSP working for blind women.
2. Aple Ghar Naldurg, a home for homeless children in Latur, India.
* I will also work with and support Sevalaya - HIV Children Home in Latur, India.
Please read about all these NGO's in Kavli Trust folder.
* I am still with my close to heart NOG Cfi - I worked with them since it started in 1991.
2013 - 2015
* Plan India, sponsor childeren, work through my foundation...
* I got 14th and 15th sponsor child, Soni and Nanno. Soni and Nanno is adopted through Plan India.
* I am still lecturer and Mentor for high schools in International classes.
* I am working with these NGOs - - Amnesty, Plan International, Children's future India, GSP - Grameen Shramik Pratishthan, GSP working for blind women, Sevalay - HIV Children Home, and Jagriti Vihara.
Read more about these NGO's in different folders.
* My book was published in Sri Lanka in Sinhala Language.
2007 - 2012
• Became author, political advisor and lecturer …….
• 2007 my first book was published, “Bare en Datter”, Just a Daughter.
• Money from book donated to poor girls in India.
• 2007 also established Fund in India. Fund called Higher Education for Girls in India together with NGO Cfi, "Children’s future India".
• And book income donated to Cfi.
• Sponsored two more children for a total of 10. Older sponsor children out of sponsoring program.
• 2010 Book published in Finland – all money donated to Plan Finland for their campaign BIAAG - Because I Am A Girl..
• 2012 Book published in Sweden – all royalties donated to child welfare.
• 2012 Swedish book also published in English, “Just a Daughter”
• 2013 America with English book - all royalties donated to child welfare.
1997 – 2007
* I worked at Radisson Hotels in many capacities: Co-ordinator for banquets, Shift Manager in restaurant, booking, reception, crew trainer, and as Service Manager.
* Continued to go to school and volunteer work for NGOs.
* I completed travel agency evening high school and improved English.
* After completed studies I also worked at airport; in booking and traffic for airlines Widerø and SAS – Scandinavian Airlines Systems.
• In early 2000, photography was my big hobby and olso a good paid side business.
• I took photos, made collages, greeting cards, calendars, wedding albums.
* After more study in economy I become accountant.
* Got 6th and 7th sponsor child in India and I also financial support 3 girls in Thailand and helped their families financialy.
1989 – 1997
• I got married to my best friend - one and only male friend i had. We got married under threat of death, because this was not allowed in my culture - 'family culture'. It was totally normal in the culture I lived in that parents, aunt, uncles and elder people in family find the person you have to marry. I was first one in that family ‘kind of my family’ to break that rule, which was not easy. I left behind that abusive family 'the family which never wanted me anyway'.
• I am still married to the same person and we have been together since 1988.
• I was adopted into Scandinavian / American family.
• I completed high school 1998-1992 business and trade.
• Volunteered at CASP, Community Aid Sponsorship Program in India which cooperated with Cfn in Norway and Plan International..
• Adopted 4 more long-distance daughters in India through NGO Cfi - Children future India.
• While continuing going to school, I worked in kindergarten, as taxi company assistant, MacDonald’s, nursing home, office assistant, and, etc.. etc….
1988 - 1989
• Attended trade and office high school.
• I got a male friend - which was not allowed in my culture - 'family culture'.
• I still lived with this biological family.
• My siblings and I faced lot of family voilence and struggle between two differences cultures.
1987 - 1988
• I attended high school in housekeeping, domestic and social science for foreign students.
• Got first sponsor child in India in 1987 throuhg NGO Verden's Barn.
• I very often volunteered at Verden’s Barn, Children of the World.
1985 – 1989
• Came to Scandinavia.
• Lived with this biological family.
• Went to school - learned the language.
• And I worked at a variety of jobs, i.e., garden center, cleaning house and offices, newspaper delivering, working in nursing home and canteens.
1970 – 1985
• Born in little village in North India.
• Father tried to kill me when I was born, he did not wanted to have more daughters.
• And then my father traded me for a boy and he kept me out of his family.
• When I was only 3, my biological family moved to Scandinavia and I was left behind in India.
• I became a maid servant at age 3 to aunt’s family. Became her family's slave.
• Was physically and emotionally abused by aunt and cousin.
• At 12 year old I had to take responsibility for grandparents. (My job was to take care of my father’s parents, because they were old and all their children had moved to abroad and other town far away). I took care of them for almost five year with my whole heart.
• At 16, my life took a new track, soon was my turn to go to Scandinavia, to Europe.
Copyright © All Rights Reserved